The National Summer Learning Association (NSLA) is excited about the commitment of communities all over the country to shape smarter summers, brighter futures for young people as part of the Summer Opportunity Project (SOP).
You can now view and share the recorded June 7th webinar where we discussed the vision for the SOP Leadership Communities and actions to take now to gear up for a super summer. You can also download the presentation.
Here are a few important next steps:
- Find out who else is at the Summer Opportunity table in your community. Reach out to start or continue the conversation around your summer goals for this year and next. Use the Summer Action Toolkit as a guide.
- Check out the U.S. Department of Education’s iForums schedule. The U.S. Department of Education will be following up soon with a link to register.
- Join us for a new webinar on ESSA and implications for summer learning on Monday, June 27, 2016.
Don’t forget: National Summer Learning Day is July 14, 2016!
Summer Learning Day (SLD) is an annual national advocacy day led by the National Summer Learning Association (NSLA) to highlight the importance of keeping kids learning, safe and healthy every summer.
Be among the first to add your SLD event or program on NSLA’s interactive map by Friday, June 17, and your Leadership Community will be entered to win one complimentary registration to this year’s Dare to Disrupt National Conference on Afterschool and Summer Learning in Seattle, Washington (October 24-26). The SLD map is heavily promoted to media during our busy summer learning season, and you’ll want to get your program on the map as early as possible!
NSLA has also put together a Summer Learning Day 2016 toolkit of resources to help your community celebrate this year. In this kit, you’ll find:
- Talking points about summer learning
- Sample press release
- Social media copy for Facebook and Twitter
- Sample public service announcements
- Sample email and blog copy
- Mayor’s Summer Learning Playbook
- And more!
Visit summerlearning.org, and click on Summer Learning Day to download all of these great resources!